Software Architect and Design Engineer
EXB Solutions, Inc.
Minneapolis, MN or Phoenix, AZ
EXB Solutions is looking for a Software Architect and Design Engineer to help support definition of a legacy Government system. This position will also support the roll out of a new radio product and then provide expertise in defining future modifications/upgrades needed for continued evolution of the system.
- Performs software requirements analysis, participates in research, designs, develops and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products
- Leverages system analysis, design, verification, delivery, and troubleshooting experience to improve program execution and new system offerings
- Leads requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation, and interface definition
- Supports technical and cost proposals to meet customer requirements and develop basis of estimates (BOE’s) for systems expansion
- Develop system architecture and design documentation
- Substantial understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories and expert at applying technical standards and methodologies.
- Experience with Model Based development
- Experience with C++ or Object-oriented design
- Experience deployment of embedded software
- Understands systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Proficiency with System requirements definition, decomposition, flow down, and traceability
- RF-based system architecture and design experience
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) is a plus
- Experience with Rational Rose a plus
- Proficiency with system design & system modeling tools
- System-level and software-level integration and test, including formal test plans and procedures
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and cloud based or virtualized environments
Full-time contract position with ability to work remotely or at the client located in the Scottsdale, Arizona area. Initial duration is 12 months, with likely extension.