Job: Delivery Lead – Hardware
Location: Minneapolis, MN or Scottsdale, AZ
Have your career take flight with us!
EXB Solutions (a Quest Defense company) is growing and looking to add a Delivery Lead- Hardware for our Engineering team. This role will ideally be based out of our Minneapolis, MN or Scottsdale, AZ office.
We are a high-growth, agile company creating safety and mission-critical solutions in a synergistic environment between our people and our client partners. From F-35 and F-16 fighter jets to the latest aviation technologies, to working on medical devices, spacecraft, and satellites – our engineers have worked on some of the coolest Aerospace, Defense, Space, and Medical Device products in the world.
As our Delivery Lead- Hardware, you will be responsible for leading multiple projects for one or more clients within EXB’s Hardware Capability practice. The DLH is responsible for the overall budget and oversight of the delivery of the programs within scope. The DLH drives value for the company by interfacing with customer leadership, responding to proposals and supporting EXB’s go-to-market strategy as well as Sales efforts for FPGA, ASIC, or other hardware development and test. You will also be:
- Responsible for the budget of projects within the Hardware Capability practice.
- Oversee the effective planning, execution, monitoring and controlling of the project activities related to all projects within the assigned Hardware scope using project management standards and methodologies.
- Accountable for implementing and adhering to Hardware Delivery processes, development strategy, planning, SOPs, best practice
- Responsible for supporting sales and customer accounts as well as responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) within defined scope.
- Hire and manage all resources within defined scope, including Team Leads
- Deliver annual performance reviews for all assigned salaried engineers and provide feedback for all hourly engineers within the defined timeframe and processes.
- Responsible for engineering development including training, goal setting and monitoring completion.
- Adhere to the training strategy within the Hardware Capability practice to ensure the assigned Delivery workforce has the capabilities, skill sets and resources to effectively deliver on short- and long-term strategic business objectives. Assesses current workforce to identify and action skills gaps.
- Identify and develop leadership talent (Team Leads) to support the success of the assigned Delivery scope.
- Oversee all staff movement between projects within the assigned Delivery scope.
- Lead the Project Managers with the assigned Delivery scope. He/she is accountable for all members within the capability employing influence and servant leadership over positional power to drive results.
- Support the go-to-market strategy within the assigned Delivery scope and supports the services and capabilities roadmap.
- Serve as integral part of the organization as a thought leader in applying processes and principles to streamline business processes and optimize operational efficiencies.
- Partners with other Delivery areas to ensure that processes and tools are aligned.
- Acts as a point of contact for EXB Leadership and Sales teams.
- Identifies technical resources to support pre-sales activities; may support Sales organization in customer discussions.
- Supports recruitment initiatives for the hardware development capability. Identifies talent pipelines for roles, including the identification of succession planning candidates.
- A University degree or diploma in a relative discipline supplemented by industry recognized professional courses.
- 20+ years hardware development experience including FPGA or ASICs, preferably with leadership experience, such as coaching or mentoring. Majority of experience in Aerospace.
- Knowledge of FAA hardware airworthiness standards.
- 5+ years administering FAA projects including leading DO-254 hardware programs.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Familiarity with MS Project or alternate.
- Ability to create and monitor PM metrics.
Delivery Lead – Hardware
Why Work With Us
We are a family-like-company. We are collaborative. We believe in embracing change. We believe in doing consistent good work. EXB houses smart, curious and passionate about “making a difference” people. Our company culture sets us apart from others, as well as:
- 401k with Employer-Match Contributions
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life coverage
- Disability Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Generous compensation structure
- Ample learning opportunities
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Next Generation / Cutting Edge Technology Projects
- Collaborative Culture
- Remote and Hybrid Opportunities Available
- Certification Assistance Available (Approval Required)
- Flexible, Friendly and Fun work environment
EXB Solutions (EXB) is a U.S.-based engineering service company with a Fortune 100 customer base and demonstrated record of delivering cutting edge results in systems and software engineering solutions for organizations delivering mission and safety critical applications and products. EXB’s organizational origins are over 22 years old and today comprises over 170 talented engineers. EXB serves the Aerospace, Defense and Medical Devices industries with systems engineering and embedded software development services for safety and mission critical applications. EXB’s purpose is to help customers build high-quality software. EXB’s software solutions have helped fly successful space missions, enhanced patients’ lives through innovative medical devices, and advanced commercial and military flight systems for safer travel and accomplishing mission objectives.
EXB Solutions understands our client’s business challenges. Which is why we go beyond what’s required to meet their software needs. We are a preferred and trusted supplier to technology companies. Our clients stay with us and consistently engage us on multiple engineering activities, projects and programs. What makes us different? Our engineers and our leaders!
EXB Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.