Embedded Software Engineer
EXB Solutions is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer. This is a remote position.
- Duties include analyzing, designing, coding and code modification (typically in C/C++) of software designs of airborne embedded software implementations.
- Participate in requirements management via DOORS, systems specifications, and interface management.
- Manage software lifecycle data via DIMENSIONs configuration management tool.
- Generate software requirements to integrate avionics sensors and equipment (i.e. engines, ARINC429, hydraulics, electrical systems, landing gear, RS-422, analog signals, discretes, CAN Bus, etc.)
- Assist in the evaluation of software designs to identify design flaws.
- Utilize a Windows and MOSA based software development environment.
- Assist in the verification and validation testing of airborne embedded software using a desktop simulation environment, systems integration labs, surrogate platforms flight testing and aircraft flight testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Major in in Computer Science, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering is preferred.
- Applied Sciences (Physics) or Mechanical Engineering may be considered with applicable embedded software experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant software experience, preferably in aerospace industry
- Ability to develop software in a RTOS environment
- Interest with ARINC653 software specification for space and time partitioning in safety-critical avionics real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Skilled in utilizing modern programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, Java, Python).
- Skilled with embedded software development on Multicore processors
- Motivated person with strong problem-solving abilities, willingness to perform a wide variety of related tasks.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Interest in modern airborne sensors, avionics, mission systems, weapons systems, or electrical systems integration, development, and testing
- Familiarity with commercial certification and military qualification of aircraft systems is advantageous.
- Experience with Eclipse based software is advantageous (most chip vendors and software vendors are moving to this IDE. TI-CodeComposer, NXP-CodeWarrior, DDC-I OpenArbor, etc.)
- Linux/Unix experience (simple commands like ls (in windows dir), rm (del a file), md, cd, rd (make directory, change directory and remove directory) man – the built-in help documentation,
- Software repositories – GiT , Tortoise GiT or some other tool that has been wrapped around GiT
- Experience with DO-178B/C software development lifecycle guidelines – Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification (and the DO-178C supplements).
- Interests with the integration of the Army’s Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) on vertical lift vehicles
Why Work With Us
- 401k with Employer-Match Contributions
- Medical, Dental, and Life coverage
- Disability Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Generous compensation structure
- Ample learning opportunities
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Next Generation / Cutting Edge Technology Projects
- Collaborative Culture
- Remote and Hybrid Opportunities Available
- Certification Assistance Available (Approval Required)
- Flexible, Friendly and Fun work environment
EXB Solutions is a software and systems engineering organization which focuses on development and test of technologies for the top aerospace, defense, and medical device companies. Our mission is to be the definitive provider of systems and software engineering solutions for organizations delivering mission and safety-critical applications.
With offices in Minneapolis, Minnesota and Scottsdale, Arizona, the service-disabled veteran-owned small business has developed systems engineering and embedded software solutions for over 20+ years. Our software solutions have helped fly successful space missions, enhanced patients’ lives through innovative, leading-edge medical devices, and advanced commercial, defense and aerospace systems.