Job: Engineering Program Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Be a part of the team that is powering engineering solutions that drive technology.
We are a high growth, agile company creating safety and mission critical solutions in a synergistic environment between our people and our client partners. From F-35 and F-16 fighter jets, to the latest aviation technologies, to working on medical devices, spacecraft, and satellites – our engineers have worked on some of the coolest Aerospace, Defense, Space and Medical Device products in the world.
What we do matters.
We are seeking a full-time Program Manager to be a part of a HALAS (High Altitude LIDAR Atmospheric Sensing) project! HALAS is an innovative LIDAR (Light Detection And Ranging) product that utilizes lasers to measure crucial atmospheric data, including air density, temperature, humidity, and turbulence. A large ground-based prototype (built into a shipping container) unit is operational. This project will miniaturize it to fit on aircraft.
This role is onsite in Minneapolis, Minnesota and candidates must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
- Manage matrixed program team(s) to achieve business objectives of the Aero CORE Navigation group.
- Communicate complex program management and financial status to all levels, effectively linking program performance with financial results and product line strategies.
- Execute on scope, schedule, cost, delivery, and quality while demonstrating program management skill.
- Direct the work and approve resource requirements and program estimates while leading integrated program teams through the Integrated Product Delivery & Support (IPDS) Process.
- Generate and implement program plans and business requirements within approved budget and schedule constraints.
- Coordinate with various Customer Business Teams (CBTs) to ensure their application programs are supported in terms of technical performance, schedule, and cost requirements.
- Employ PM tools and development processes, including statement-of-work (SOW), work-breakdown- structure (WBS), basis-of-estimate (BOE) management, scope / requirements management, scheduling, and cost management in accordance with all Aerospace Procedures (AP) and Aerospace Guidance (AG).
- Establish and own a programmatic Management Operating System (MOS).
- Direct domestic and/or global Program Control (PC) team member(s).
- Bachelor’s in Business or Engineering
- 10+ years of Aerospace program management and/or project engineering experience with complex multi-disciplined systems
- 5+ years of experience or knowledge of the Aerospace industry specifically in navigation related technologies / functionalities
- US Citizenship due to ITAR regulations.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with regulatory authority certification
- Good business acumen
- Earned Value Management
- Constructively assertive; high bias for action; integrative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated relationship management, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically while tactically setting goals and tasks scope
- Ability to execute to plans while effectively managing risks and opportunities
- Strong communication (oral and written) and executive presentation skills
- Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt, Black Belt or Lean Manufacturing; nice to have)
Engineering Program Manager
Why Work With Us
We are a family-like-company. We are collaborative. We believe in embracing change. We believe in doing consistent good work. EXB houses smart, curious and passionate about “making a difference” people. Our company culture sets us apart from others, as well as:
- 401k with Employer-Match Contributions
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life coverage
- Disability Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Generous compensation structure
- Ample learning opportunities
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Next Generation / Cutting Edge Technology Projects
- Collaborative Culture
- Remote and Hybrid Opportunities Available
- Certification Assistance Available (Approval Required)
- Flexible, Friendly and Fun work environment
EXB Solutions (EXB) is a U.S.-based engineering service company with a Fortune 100 customer base and demonstrated record of delivering cutting edge results in systems and software engineering solutions for organizations delivering mission and safety critical applications and products. EXB’s organizational origins are over 22 years old and today comprises over 170 talented engineers. EXB serves the Aerospace, Defense and Medical Devices industries with systems engineering and embedded software development services for safety and mission critical applications. EXB’s purpose is to help customers build high-quality software. EXB’s software solutions have helped fly successful space missions, enhanced patients’ lives through innovative medical devices, and advanced commercial and military flight systems for safer travel and accomplishing mission objectives.
EXB Solutions understands our client’s business challenges. Which is why we go beyond what’s required to meet their software needs. We are a preferred and trusted supplier to technology companies. Our clients stay with us and consistently engage us on multiple engineering activities, projects and programs. What makes us different? Our engineers and our leaders!
EXB Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.