Job: FPGA Engineer
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Engineers are the reason we exist- they are the very core of our company. Be a part of the team that is powering engineering solutions that drive technology.
EXB Solutions (a Quest Global company) is hiring FPGA V&V engineers for On Target Testing of Aerospace. This role is onsite in Cedar Rapids, IA.
The Engineer will be part of a verification team verifying designs completing on target testing in the lab, developing documentation, completing regression testing within the DO-254 framework. The qualified candidate will be working with a seasoned group of engineers and possess the following skill set:
- Collaborate in completing on target testing, test documentation, test specification, test results, traceability documentation.
- Well versed in python test scripting.
- Run regression test suite on hardware.
- Develop tests in python to address new requirements.
- Experience in debugging FPGA designs in a hardware lab environment.
- DO-254 compliant development knowledge.
- Needs to have a good working knowledge of VHDL designs.
- Must be self-motivated and have initiative to reach out an interact with the existing team.
- Has working knowledge of digital systems, and components, FPGA design methodologies, testing, debugging, root causing and testing methodologies.
Due to the nature of the project, this role is onsite in Cedar Rapids, IA and requires locate candidates or those willing to relocate.
- Python Script development
- Test bench development
- Hardware, debug, and root cause skills
- Familiar with FPGA design flow
- Ability to take a problem and come up with a solution.
- Ability to run regression test on prototype hardware.
- Familiar with DAL-A verification methodologies
Technologies & Tools:
- Familiarity with General lab equipment
- Lab environment best practices
- DO-254 compliance
- AC 20- 152a compliance
- Safety Critical Design Awareness
- Requirements Based Testing
FPGA Engineer – Cedar Rapids, IA
Why Work With Us
We are a family-like-company. We are collaborative. We believe in embracing change. We believe in doing consistent good work. EXB houses smart, curious and passionate about “making a difference” people. Our company culture sets us apart from others, as well as:
- 401k with Employer-Match Contributions
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life coverage
- Disability Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Generous compensation structure
- Ample learning opportunities
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Next Generation / Cutting Edge Technology Projects
- Collaborative Culture
- Remote and Hybrid Opportunities Available
- Certification Assistance Available (Approval Required)
- Flexible, Friendly and Fun work environment
EXB Solutions is a leading provider of engineering services focused on mission and safety critical applications. With a strong reputation for delivering innovative solutions to clients in the aerospace, defense, space, and other safety-critical industries, we are committed to ensuring the safety, reliability, and performance of critical systems.
Our team of experienced engineers specialize in developing solutions that meet the highest standards of safety, reliability, and performance. We work closely with Fortune 50 clients to understand their unique requirements and develop solutions that are tailored to their specific needs. Whether it’s developing custom avionics software for unmanned aerial vehicles or implementing safety-critical software for medical devices, we have the expertise and experience to deliver the highest quality solutions.
At EXB Solutions, we are committed to excellence because #whatwedomatters.
EXB Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.