Job: Model Based Systems Engineer (HSE)
Location: Hartford, CT
Our engineers have worked on some of the coolest Aerospace, Defense, Space and Medical Device products in the world. What we do matters. Be a part of the team that is powering engineering solutions that drive technology.
EXB Solutions (a Quest Defense company) is hiring qualified MBSE support for the Hot Section Engineering team (HSE) in support of the Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) program. The work will include modelling and updates for the Diffuser/Combustor, and Turbine sections in the Cameo Model for both prototype and production designs. Model Based System Engineering is a key element of ongoing efforts with EXB. These efforts will utilize existing standards and processes to expand capabilities across various elements of the HSE system as well other integrated systems.
This role will need to be local to Hartford, CT or Willing to Relocate. This role requires candidates to be a US Citizen due to government contracts.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Coordinating, Developing, and Managing Technical Requirements
- Migrating Legacy Artifacts (Requirements, SDP, SVP) to Cameo Models with emphasis on System Decomposition, Functions, Interfaces, and Performance, to Describe and Analyze Complex Systems and Software
- US Citizenship Required Due to Government Contracts.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Minimum 1 year of MBSE Experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Systems Engineering Experience.
- Experience with Systems Engineering Technical Standards, Principles, Theories, Concepts and Techniques.
- Knowledge of at Least Two Systems Engineering Functions: Requirements Development and Management, Architecture, System Design, Integration, and Test.
- Ability to Communicate Efficiently and Effectively to Coordinate Systems Engineering Activities and Report Status.
- Ability to Work Effectively Within a Team and Drive Tasks to Closure that are High in Quality and Technically Accurate.
- Good Interpersonal and Organizational Skills.
- Demonstrate Computer Proficiency Using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with SysML.
- Familiarity with ARP-4754A and DO-178B/C Aerospace Design and Verification Processes is Highly Preferred
- Familiarity with the Agile Management Framework
- Familiarity with Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA)
- Familiarity with Digital Thread / Digital Twin Concept
Model Based Systems Engineer (HSE)
Why Work With Us
We are a family-like-company. We are collaborative. We believe in embracing change. We believe in doing consistent good work. EXB houses smart, curious and passionate about “making a difference” people. Our company culture sets us apart from others, as well as:
- 401k with Employer-Match Contributions
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life coverage
- Disability Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Generous compensation structure
- Ample learning opportunities
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Next Generation / Cutting Edge Technology Projects
- Collaborative Culture
- Remote and Hybrid Opportunities Available
- Certification Assistance Available (Approval Required)
- Flexible, Friendly and Fun work environment
EXB Solutions (EXB) is a U.S.-based engineering service company with a Fortune 100 customer base and demonstrated record of delivering cutting edge results in systems and software engineering solutions for organizations delivering mission and safety critical applications and products. EXB’s organizational origins are over 23 years old and today comprises over 170 talented engineers. EXB serves the Aerospace, Defense and Medical Devices industries with systems engineering and embedded software development services for safety and mission critical applications. EXB’s purpose is to help customers build high-quality software. EXB’s software solutions have helped fly successful space missions, enhanced patients’ lives through innovative medical devices, and advanced commercial and military flight systems for safer travel and accomplishing mission objectives.
EXB Solutions understands our client’s business challenges. Which is why we go beyond what’s required to meet their software needs. We are a preferred and trusted supplier to technology companies. Our clients stay with us and consistently engage us on multiple engineering activities, projects and programs. What makes us different? Our engineers and our leaders!
EXB Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.