Job: Model-Based Systems Engineer
What we do matters.
We are a high growth, agile company creating safety and mission critical solutions in a synergistic environment between our people and our client partners. From F-35 and F-16 fighter jets, to the latest aviation technologies, to working on medical devices, spacecraft, and satellites – our engineers have worked on some of the coolest Aerospace, Defense, Space and Medical Device products in the world.
Be a part of the team that is powering engineering solutions that drive technology.
EXB Solutions (a Quest Global Company) is currently seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented Model-Based Systems Engineer to join our team supporting The Future Long Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA) program. The FLRAA aircraft will become the Army’s primary assault aircraft for the next 30 years, sunsetting the UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters and advancing the Army’s assault capabilities. The FLRAA program is utilizing the latest in cutting edge technology to expand the United States Army’s tactical advantage in future conflicts.
This role is primarily remote with 10-15% travel as needed. Due to the nature of this work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
As our MBSE Engineer team member, your responsibilities may include:
- SysML Modeling in MagicDraw/Cameo.
- Executing plans for system development and verification for air vehicle components.
- Generating system functional requirements from stakeholder expectations.
- Developing architecture models and allocating requirements to sub-systems/hardware/software components.
- Validating and verifying system requirements.
- Troubleshooting and resolving system integration/verification issues.
- Developing and executing test cases and procedures.
- US Citizen
- Good communication and team working skills.
- 5 + years of aerospace domain experience.
- 2+ years of model-based systems engineering (MBSE) experience.
- Previous experience with a tool like Cameo (if not Cameo, other tools like Enterprise Architect, Rhapsody, or Magic Draw).
- Experience with Configuration Management (CM) tools like Subversion (SVN), ClearCase, git, or Dimensions.
- Experience with engineering processes including requirements definition, requirements allocation, requirements validation, requirements verification, integration, embedded software, electronic systems, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)/European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)/National Aviation Authority (NAA) certification, and system safety.
- Experience with rotor craft or vertical lift aircraft.
- Solid understanding of the DO-178 standard.
- Engineers local the Dallas-Fort Worth area are highly preferred.
- Able to obtain a Secret level clearance.
Model-Based Systems Engineer – Remote
Why Work With Us
We are a family-like-company. We are collaborative. We believe in embracing change. We believe in doing consistent good work. EXB houses smart, curious and passionate about “making a difference” people. Our company culture sets us apart from others, as well as:
- 401k with Employer-Match Contributions
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life coverage
- Disability Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Generous compensation structure
- Ample learning opportunities
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Next Generation / Cutting Edge Technology Projects
- Collaborative Culture
- Remote and Hybrid Opportunities Available
- Certification Assistance Available (Approval Required)
- Flexible, Friendly and Fun work environment
EXB Solutions (EXB) is a U.S.-based engineering service company with a Fortune 100 customer base and demonstrated record of delivering cutting edge results in systems and software engineering solutions for organizations delivering mission and safety critical applications and products. EXB’s organizational origins are over 22 years old and today comprises over 170 talented engineers. EXB serves the Aerospace, Defense and Medical Devices industries with systems engineering and embedded software development services for safety and mission critical applications. EXB’s purpose is to help customers build high-quality software. EXB’s software solutions have helped fly successful space missions, enhanced patients’ lives through innovative medical devices, and advanced commercial and military flight systems for safer travel and accomplishing mission objectives.
EXB Solutions understands our client’s business challenges. Which is why we go beyond what’s required to meet their software needs. We are a preferred and trusted supplier to technology companies. Our clients stay with us and consistently engage us on multiple engineering activities, projects and programs. What makes us different? Our engineers and our leaders!
EXB Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.