Position: Model-Based Systems Engineer
We have an opening for a Model-Based Systems Engineer. EXB’s client has a need for MBSE modelers to work with the Aero SE MBSE Assist Team (AMAT). This Aero SE MBSE Assist Team will accelerate the modernization of the client’s systems engineering processes, practices, and tools to support wide-spread adoption of model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and cross-functional integration. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to leverage your Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) experiences on teams engaged in the design of complex military systems. You will use MBSE tools to support teams capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of system usage, and enhance a culture of model-based designs. You will engage other Systems Engineers in a broader understanding of modeling and assist them in developing Systems Engineering work products. Members of this team will be resources to programs to enable efficient and effective implementation of MBSE.
Specifically, the need is for experienced SysML and CAMEO modelers. The client has 25 sub-systems which have been designed and need to be documented/modeled in CAMEO. The designs for the sub-systems are available and the EXB engineers will be working with the Subject Matter Experts (SME) for each sub-system to document the design in CAMEO. The team will follow the client MBSE processes and style guides.
Specific responsibilities of this role may include:
- Work with the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for each sub-system to document/model the design for the sub-system in CAMEO using SysML
- Exploring and implementing advanced modeling features to integrate data across functional lines
- Developing reference architectures for our key product lines for use as a basis of program architectures
- Develop best practices and conventions for the Aero modeling environment
- Experience with the Systems Engineering lifecycle and implementing MBSE across hardware and software
- At least 5 years of SySML modeling experience using Cameo or MagicDraw
- Experience with other Model-Based Systems Engineering toolsets, i.e., UAF, Simulations, Metrics, and Tool Customizations
- OMG SySML Model Builder Intermediate Certification
- Program/project management experience
Security Clearance Requirements:
- No clearance required, but must be a US Persons
Why Work With Us
- 401k with Employer-Match Contributions
- Medical, Dental, and Life coverage
- Disability Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Generous compensation structure
- Ample learning opportunities
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Next Generation / Cutting Edge Technology Projects
- Collaborative Culture
- Remote and Hybrid Opportunities Available
- Certification Assistance Available (Approval Required)
- Flexible, Friendly and Fun work environment
EXB Solutions is a software and systems engineering organization which focuses on development and test of technologies for the top aerospace, defense, and medical device companies. Our mission is to be the definitive provider of systems and software engineering solutions for organizations delivering mission and safety-critical applications.
We offer remote and hybrid opportunities. With offices in Minneapolis, Minnesota and Scottsdale, Arizona, the service-disabled veteran-owned small business has developed systems engineering and embedded software solutions for over 20+ years. Our software solutions have helped fly successful space missions, enhanced patients’ lives through innovative, leading-edge medical devices, and advanced commercial, defense and aerospace systems.