EXB Solutions is hiring a full time Product Owner on a remote basis. This person needs to have a solid Technical / Embedded Software background so they can pick up on the technology quickly. Most importantly, the successful candidate will have the proven background to be able to plan, coordinate, figure things out, connect the dots, chase down issues, figure out what’s missing, or what’s next. We need a digger – tenacious and has great people skills/style. Someone who can figure things out and shepherd a product/component through its lifecycle.
Product Owner Responsibilities
- Maintain and groom the backlog for the agile team
- Work with prime lead and Principal Engineers if priority issues arise.
- Oversee Work Packages being fully populated and moved through the approval process.
- Oversee stories with good definitions of ready, definitions of done, list of artifacts to be modified and clear descriptions of modifications.
- Maintain achievable plans in future sprints; no bow-waves.
- Challenge story point estimates; ensure a clear understanding of the scope.
- Proactive coordination with Principal Engineers on milestones status (PCRs) or when stories move between sprints/increments.
- Participate in program increment planning
- Work with prime lead to review staffing plans and get additional resources if necessary.
- Work with Principal Engineers to ensure sufficient detail in epics.
- Participate in increment planning meetings.
- Complete the readiness scorecard.
- Understand the big picture for the activity
- What are we delivering?
- Whom are we delivering it to?
- When do they need it?
- What is the priority relative to other items in the backlog?
- 5% travel to Iowa.
Background & Experience Required
- A solid Technical / Embedded Software background.
- Possess 10+ years’ experience in a Technical Project Management role.
- Experience in a Product Owner role.
- At least 5 current years of leading the agile process in a highly regulated industry.
- Scrum Mastery is preferred.
- Having prior Aviation experience would be very beneficial / desired.
Why Work With Us
- 401k with Employer-Match Contributions
- Medical, Dental, and Life coverage
- Disability Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Generous compensation structure
- Ample learning opportunities
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Next Generation / Cutting Edge Technology Projects
- Collaborative Culture
- Remote and Hybrid Opportunities Available
- Certification Assistance Available (Approval Required)
- Flexible, Friendly and Fun work environment
EXB Solutions is a software and systems engineering organization which focuses on development and test of technologies for the top aerospace, defense, and medical device companies. Our mission is to be the definitive provider of systems and software engineering solutions for organizations delivering mission and safety-critical applications.
With offices in Minneapolis, Minnesota and Scottsdale, Arizona, the service-disabled veteran-owned small business has developed systems engineering and embedded software solutions for over 20+ years. Our software solutions have helped fly successful space missions, enhanced patients’ lives through innovative, leading-edge medical devices, and advanced commercial, defense and aerospace systems.