Job: Project Engineer Assistant
What we do matters.
We are a high growth, agile company creating safety and mission critical solutions in a synergistic environment between our people and our client partners. From F-35 and F-16 fighter jets, to the latest aviation technologies, to working on medical devices, spacecraft, and satellites – our engineers have worked on some of the coolest Aerospace, Defense, Space and Medical Device products in the world.
Be a part of the team that is powering engineering solutions that drive technology.
EXB Solutions (a Quest Global Company) is currently seeking a seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented Engineer to join our team supporting as a Project Engineer Assistant supporting the Project Engineer and the EXB Flight Controls V&V team.
This role is remote and does require travel for onboarding and a Quarterly onsite rotation. Due to the nature of this work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
As our Project Engineer Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Quality Control where you will be verifying, correcting, and providing direction where needed to deliver a valid set of DO-178 DAL-A Flight Controls RBTs (requirements-based tests).
- Collaboration with V&V Test Engineers and management to ensure that Bell’s products align with their safety standards and their DO-178 test review plans and guidelines.
- The success of the project by streamlining CM processes and ensuring data accuracy.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Configuration Management: Understand the current Serena Dimensions and DOORS configurations, and the DO-178 processes as they pertain to 1) the use of Dimensions and 2) the artifacts that are to be delivered to the customer.
- Test Case Management: Verify repository of test cases, test plans, and related documents within Serena Dimensions are in the correct folders and are complete.
- Data Integrity and Quality Control: Ensure the accuracy, consistency, and integrity of Problem Reports (PRs), Software Change Requests (SCRs), checklists, and reviews within Serena Dimensions, performing regular informal audits and data checks.
- Technical Support: Provide timely technical assistance/meetings to train and support V&V Test Engineers in the process to minimize any potential issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 3+ years in Quality Control and Assurance specifically in the Software Engineering Industry.
- 3+ years of experience in requirement- based testing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with meticulous attention to detail and data integrity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer-facing skills.
- Solid understanding of V&V test development and delivery processes in engineering projects.
- DOORs and DOORs DXL experience.
- Proven experience (at least 3 years) as a Technical Administrator for Serena Dimensions.
- GIT experience.
- Enovia experience.
Project Engineer Assistant
Why Work With Us
We are a family-like-company. We are collaborative. We believe in embracing change. We believe in doing consistent good work. EXB houses smart, curious and passionate about “making a difference” people. Our company culture sets us apart from others, as well as:
- 401k with Employer-Match Contributions
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life coverage
- Disability Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Generous compensation structure
- Ample learning opportunities
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Next Generation / Cutting Edge Technology Projects
- Collaborative Culture
- Remote and Hybrid Opportunities Available
- Certification Assistance Available (Approval Required)
- Flexible, Friendly and Fun work environment
EXB Solutions (EXB) is a U.S.-based engineering service company with a Fortune 100 customer base and demonstrated record of delivering cutting edge results in systems and software engineering solutions for organizations delivering mission and safety critical applications and products. EXB’s organizational origins are over 22 years old and today comprises over 170 talented engineers. EXB serves the Aerospace, Defense and Medical Devices industries with systems engineering and embedded software development services for safety and mission critical applications. EXB’s purpose is to help customers build high-quality software. EXB’s software solutions have helped fly successful space missions, enhanced patients’ lives through innovative medical devices, and advanced commercial and military flight systems for safer travel and accomplishing mission objectives.
EXB Solutions understands our client’s business challenges. Which is why we go beyond what’s required to meet their software needs. We are a preferred and trusted supplier to technology companies. Our clients stay with us and consistently engage us on multiple engineering activities, projects and programs. What makes us different? Our engineers and our leaders!
EXB Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.