Location: Minneapolis, MN
Senior Software Engineer
EXB Solutions, Inc.
Looking for an opportunity gain a broad experience and deeper technology expertise in the aerospace industry? EXB Solutions is looking to hire a full-time software engineer who has a good foundation of skills and leadership potential.
The Senior Software Engineer at EXB Solutions is a member of the engineering staff and someone who enjoys serving other technology organizations, building safety critical products for the aerospace and other regulated industries. The successful candidate will be responsible for writing requirements, developing client software, performing tests as required by the client project, and growing into a leadership role for EXB.
• Design, develop, and execute software and/or tests for embedded (and potentially other) systems in a variety of languages such as C, C++, MATLAB/Simulink, C#, Python, or Java based on defined product requirements.
• Perform updates to existing requirements based on problem reports or change requests or create new requirements to capture additional functionality of the product.
• Assist with development, update, and adherence to coding style, design, and other engineering guidelines.
• Has ability to quickly understand existing code and enhance and build on an existing architecture. Ensure his/her product is properly documented, readily tested and optimized.
• Understand the fundamentals of software engineering principles and how to apply to design and develop robust, efficient, scalable and maintainable applications.
• Work with engineering leadership to help define product requirements and use cases, develop project plans, assign work, and mentor other engineers.
• Work within engineering teams and ensures his/her portions of projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
• Take on additional leadership activities over time:
• Work with engineers, technical managers, team leads, and external teams to coordinate, prioritize and monitor execution of multiple concurrent project tasks.
• Lead and keep teams focused on delivering within budget following an extremely tight timeframe.
• Manage day-to-day operations and drives problem-resolution to meet the project objectives.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
• Understands the full software development life-cycle (SDLC), including fundamentals of software engineering principles and how to apply to design and develop robust, efficient, scalable and maintainable applications.
• Ability to think strategically about operational needs, priorities and opportunities while focusing on timeliness and quality of service.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Must be able to describe problems and solutions in a clear, concise manner.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-critical work environment.
• Some experience with leading, providing direction, or mentoring one or more developers or verification engineers.
• Demonstrated leadership ability or potential.
• Regulated industry experience such as Aerospace / Avionics / Space / Medical Device.
• DO178B/C knowledge and experience
• Direct experience with at least 1 of the following: systems engineering, embedded software development, embedded software verification
• Experience with verification tools like VectorCast, LDRA, or similar
• Experience with automated test tools a plus
• DOORS, JAMA, or similar requirements management tools
• This is a full-time position
Location is TBD (Minneapolis, Phoenix, Dallas, others considered)
Travel – willing to travel 25%. May vary based on project needs
Must be willing/able to submit for background checks and/or security clearance
EXB Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Apply for this Position
To apply to for this position, please provide the information below or contact a recruitment specialist by email or phone.
EXB Solutions, Inc. (HQ Office)
12755 Hwy 55, Suite J210
Minneapolis, MN 55441