Job: Sr. Software Engineer
Software engineers are the reason we exist- they are the very core of our company.
We are a high growth, agile company creating safety and mission critical solutions in a synergistic environment between our people and our client partners. From F-35 and F-16 fighter jets to the latest aviation technologies, to working on medical devices, spacecraft, and satellites – our engineers have worked on some of the coolest Aerospace, Defense, Space and Medical Device products in the world.
Be a part of the team that is powering engineering solutions that drive technology.
Our execution model is designed to assure our team an ongoing relationship for years to come while giving them the opportunity to work on new projects and technologies all the time across our client base. Your professional career will be exciting with us.
EXB Solutions (a Quest Defense company) is hiring software engineer who may work across any phase of the software developments lifecycle (requirements, design, implementation, test). The program needs to complete prototype code updates to network code, IP addresses, and routing tables to support a new network topology. The requirements and code will be formalized and reviewed, at which point this team will move on to another project within the group.
This role is a remote role, and the team will work in an Agile software lifecycle with 2-week or 4-week sprints.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Developing high- and low-level software requirements
- Developing software design description
- Developing software code in C
- Developing test cases and procedures
- 15 + years of experience designing and developing low level software for multi-core complex electronics
- Extensive experience with the DO-178C standard
- Proven track record of work experience, including configuration (i.e., Board Support Package – BSP), and development of low-level software, associated with, and in support of VxWorks 653 Module Operating System (MOS)
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the software life cycle
- Experience leading teams and/or mentoring less experienced engineers
- Requirements definition experience
- System design and analysis experience
- Requirements based test case and test procedure development experience
- Ability to collaborate with Divers, Multi-Functional, and Remote Team
- Working knowledge of code development (C, C++, Python, etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Software application design and implementation experience
- Operating system kernel or device driver development experience
- Good communication skills
- LynxOS experience
- GreenHills experience
- Understanding of electronic hardware specification
- Experience with a hardware debugger like a Lauterbach or a GreenHills Pod
- Agile experience
Why Work With Us
We’re a family-like-company. We are collaborative. We believe in embracing change. We believe in doing consistent good work. EXB houses smart, curious and passionate about “making a difference” people. Our company culture sets us apart from others, as well as:
- 401k with Employer-Match Contributions
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life coverage
- Disability Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Generous compensation structure
- Ample learning opportunities
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Next Generation / Cutting Edge Technology Projects
- Collaborative Culture
- Remote and Hybrid Opportunities Available
- Certification Assistance Available (Approval Required)
- Flexible, Friendly and Fun work environment
EXB Solutions (EXB) is a U.S.-based engineering service company with a Fortune 100 customer base and demonstrated record of delivering cutting edge results in systems and software engineering solutions for organizations delivering mission and safety critical applications and products. EXB’s organizational origins are over 22 years old and today comprises over 170 talented engineers. EXB serves the Aerospace, Defense and Medical Devices industries with systems engineering and embedded software development services for safety and mission critical applications. EXB’s purpose is to help customers build high-quality software. EXB’s software solutions have helped fly successful space missions, enhanced patients’ lives through innovative medical devices, and advanced commercial and military flight systems for safer travel and accomplishing mission objectives.
EXB Solutions understands our client’s business challenges. Which is why we go beyond what’s required to meet their software needs. We are a preferred and trusted supplier to technology companies. Our clients stay with us and consistently engage us on multiple engineering activities, projects and programs. What makes us different? Our engineers and our leaders!
On September 1, 2022, EXB Solutions announced it is now part of Quest Defense, which is a Quest Global company.
Learn more at www.exbsolutions.com
Know about our work at https://exbsolutions.com/company/
Check out our other openings at https://exbsolutions.com/careers/