Job: System Safety Engineer
Unlock the power of System Safety Engineering with EXB Solutions (proudly a Quest Global Company). We are seeking exceptional individuals to join our team shaping the future of system safety engineering.
As an System Safety Engineer with us, you will have the opportunity to work on groundbreaking projects and contribute to cutting-edge, fortify safety-critical systems, and make an impact that matters. Elevate your career with a company dedicated to excellence and the pursuit of safety and mission success.
This role is remote but does require 2 weeks onsite onboarding and potential travel up to 10%. Due to the nature of the project, US Citizenship or Green Card Holder is required.
Our team of System Safety Engineers will be responsible for developing, managing, and communicating the aircraft system safety methodology for a new military development program to internal and external customers through identification and analysis of system contributions to potential hazards in design, operation, and maintenance. The position will be at the forefront of emerging system safety techniques including Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
Responsibilities May Include:
- Planning, defining, and verifying system safety requirements and system safety hazard analysis artifacts to ensure design integrity and safety.
- Performing the necessary hazard analyses to identify potentially hazardous conditions and recommend actions that would contribute to minimizing or precluding hazards.
- Performing system safety Hazard Analysis, developing analysis reports, providing validation/verification of requirements, and providing feedback to the program and customer.
- Representing client with military/industry at system safety working groups and aircraft system working groups.
- Reviewing client and supplier submitted documents relative to system safety engineering IAW AMCOM Regulation 385-17.
- Reviewing client and supplier derived requirements and safety requirements IAW RTCA DO-178C, RTCA DO-254, and SAE ARP4764A.
- Providing guidance to engineering teams and suppliers relative to system safety engineering.
- Maintaining and implementing the system safety program plan documented processes.
- Working semi-autonomously, with the support of the functional SME, to create Safety artifacts.
- Producing system safety contractual documentation required by military customer (for example, Identifying Hazards, Hazard Description, Risk Levels, Risk Assessments, Risk Mitigation, Residual Risk and Hazard Tracking for both systems and complex/programmable hardware).
- Performing system safety critical function analysis.
- 5+ years system safety engineering experience in the aerospace industry.
- Experience in development of Functional Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, System Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis, Safety Assessment Reports and supporting Safety Artifacts.
- Experience with SAE ARP4761 & safety aspects of SAE ARP4754A or MIL-STD-882E system safety programs & risk assessment processes.
- Experience with system safety aspects of RTCA DO-178C and/or RTCA DO-254.
- Experience with and technical competency with one of the following sub-systems or a similar sub-system: FCS, ECS, Lighting, Hydraulics, Icing, Propulsion, and Landing Gear
- Experience with both commercial and military programs.
- Aircraft system requirements development or verification experience per SAE ARP4754A.
- Familiarity with Systems Theoretic Process Analysis (STPA).
- Familiarity with military system safety guidance (Joint Services System Safety Engineering Handbook, AMCOM Regulation 385-17).
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Systems Modeling Language (SysML or Cameo) experience or Model Based Safety Analysis (MBSA) experience.
- Familiarity with auto-coding tools and associated safety concerns.
System Safety Engineer – Remote
Why Work With Us
We are a family-like-company. We are collaborative. We believe in embracing change. We believe in doing consistent good work. EXB houses smart, curious and passionate about “making a difference” people. Our company culture sets us apart from others, as well as:
- 401k with Employer-Match Contributions
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life coverage
- Disability Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Generous compensation structure
- Ample learning opportunities
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Next Generation / Cutting Edge Technology Projects
- Collaborative Culture
- Remote and Hybrid Opportunities Available
- Certification Assistance Available (Approval Required)
- Flexible, Friendly and Fun work environment
EXB Solutions (EXB) is a U.S.-based engineering service company with a Fortune 100 customer base and demonstrated record of delivering cutting edge results in systems and software engineering solutions for organizations delivering mission and safety critical applications and products. EXB’s organizational origins are over 23 years old and today comprises over 170 talented engineers. EXB serves the Aerospace, Defense and Medical Devices industries with systems engineering and embedded software development services for safety and mission critical applications. EXB’s purpose is to help customers build high-quality software. EXB’s software solutions have helped fly successful space missions, enhanced patients’ lives through innovative medical devices, and advanced commercial and military flight systems for safer travel and accomplishing mission objectives.
EXB Solutions understands our client’s business challenges. Which is why we go beyond what’s required to meet their software needs. We are a preferred and trusted supplier to technology companies. Our clients stay with us and consistently engage us on multiple engineering activities, projects and programs. What makes us different? Our engineers and our leaders!
EXB Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.