Job: Systems Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
EXB Solutions (a Quest Defense company) is growing and seeking System Engineers! Our engineers have worked on some of the coolest Aerospace, Defense, Space and Medical Device products in the world. What we do matters.
We are a high-growth, agile company creating safety and mission-critical solutions in a synergistic environment between our people and our client partners. From F-35 and F-16 fighter jets to the latest aviation technologies, to working on medical devices, spacecraft, and satellites – our engineers have worked on some of the coolest Aerospace, Defense, Space, and Medical Device products in the world.
Have your career take flight with us! Now seeking System Engineers for a LiDAR (Light Detection And Ranging) product using lasers to measure atmospheric data such as air density, temperature, humidity and turbulence. A large ground-based prototype (built into a shipping container) unit is operational. This project will formalize and improve on the design, automating more processes to require less human interaction and prepare it for manufacturing and deployment to multiple locations around the US. In this role you will:
- Serve as technical integrator between System Integration & Test and product/system design teams.
- Resolve integration & test issues and track progress.
- Decompose system requirements into testable components & verify methodology.
- Translate customer requirements into specifications & support requirement allocation.
- Participate in Technical Review Boards, Configuration Control Boards, and program reviews.
- Clearly present technical findings in technical & program reviews.
- Apply technical expertise to solve complex problems with ingenuity and creativity.
- Collaborate with peers, managers, program managers, and IPT leads.
This role is onsite in Minneapolis, Minnesota and candidates must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
- Master’s degree in engineering (preferably in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Engineering Physics) or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a systems engineer in a relevant field, such as LiDAR systems, optics design, remote sensing, or atmospheric measurements.
- Strong knowledge of laser beam propagation, signal processing, and data analysis.
- Experience with integrating and troubleshooting complex systems, including optical, mechanical, electrical, and software components.
- Proficiency in system integration methodologies, including coordinating the integration of multiple sub-systems and ensuring their compatibility and functionality.
- Ability to operate and maintain complex systems, perform data collection, and conduct system calibration and validation.
- Strong documentation skills, including the ability to capture minimum viable product documentation, system requirements, and test procedures.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams, stakeholders, and external partners.
- Research & Development experience with systems integration.
- Systems Architecture and Requirements Definition experience.
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
- PhD in Engineering.
- Familiarity with atmospheric measurement techniques and instruments, such as aerosol scattering, Doppler wind LiDAR, or gas concentration measurement.
- Knowledge of LiDAR data processing techniques and software tools for data analysis, visualization, and interpretation.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to hardware, software, or data acquisition in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with product development life cycles, including design, prototyping, testing, and productization.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations in the atmospheric measurement or remote sensing field.
- Experience in project management, including coordinating activities, tracking progress, and reporting on project status.
- Experience briefing Senior Leadership and 3rd party stakeholders such as customers and sub-contractors.
- An open, honest and team oriented personality.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and mentor others.
- Experience serving as a team leader for systems development programs.
- Experience with new product development.
Why Work With Us
We are a family-like-company. We are collaborative. We believe in embracing change. We believe in doing consistent good work. EXB houses smart, curious and passionate about “making a difference” people. Our company culture sets us apart from others, as well as:
- 401k with Employer-Match Contributions
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life coverage
- Disability Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Generous compensation structure
- Ample learning opportunities
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Next Generation / Cutting Edge Technology Projects
- Collaborative Culture
- Remote and Hybrid Opportunities Available
- Certification Assistance Available (Approval Required)
- Flexible, Friendly and Fun work environment
EXB Solutions (EXB) is a U.S.-based engineering service company with a Fortune 100 customer base and demonstrated record of delivering cutting edge results in systems and software engineering solutions for organizations delivering mission and safety critical applications and products. EXB’s organizational origins are over 22 years old and today comprises over 170 talented engineers. EXB serves the Aerospace, Defense and Medical Devices industries with systems engineering and embedded software development services for safety and mission critical applications. EXB’s purpose is to help customers build high-quality software. EXB’s software solutions have helped fly successful space missions, enhanced patients’ lives through innovative medical devices, and advanced commercial and military flight systems for safer travel and accomplishing mission objectives.
EXB Solutions understands our client’s business challenges. Which is why we go beyond what’s required to meet their software needs. We are a preferred and trusted supplier to technology companies. Our clients stay with us and consistently engage us on multiple engineering activities, projects and programs. What makes us different? Our engineers and our leaders!
EXB Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.