Technical Program Manager
EXB Solutions is seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our Delivery execution team. The Technical Project Manager has a strong engineering background and must be capable of providing leadership and direction to Program Team Leads and associated teams of systems and / or software engineers, and testers.
- The Technical Program Manager supports EXB customers using EXB Solutions resources, Customer resources (as permitted) and Industry Best Practices
- Manages all aspects of the customer’s SOW, contractual commitments, and performance throughout all contract phases
- Works with customers to define performance metrics, track program budgets and meet regularly with customers to review this data. Work with customers to monitor and resolve issues and risks
- Maintains Schedule and Cost accountability for Program (& EXB Solutions) deliverables
- Provides subject matter expertise for pre-sales support for new client opportunities. Supports development of proposals with technical approach and estimation
- Provides support to ensure smooth engineering staffing transitions on and off programs
- Actively participates in the preparation of all Program events/milestones.
- Ensures flow down of all program requirements to all sub-tier resources and successful implementation of customer approved execution plans
- Ensures Program events/milestones entry and exit criteria are achieved.
- Conducts Schedule reviews
- Provides guidance to Team Leads to assure realistic technical estimates, development plans, schedules, and documentation; evaluate and prioritize requests for product changes and enhancements
- Supports Team Leads with creation of customer reports including but not limited to schedule, budget, and risks
- Evaluates EXB Solutions status, including cost, technical, schedule, and quality performance via metrics and works with the customer to determine any corrective actions
- Coordinates risks, issues & opportunities management for Program-Customer activities
- Communicates with both technical and non-technical staff ranging from individual contributors up to executive level.
- Coordinates with EXB Solutions engineering and EXB Solutions recruiter, and customer sourcing teams.
- Leads the development, integration, implementation, and management of EXB Solutions resources as needed
- Conducts evaluations, root cause analyses and drives solutions that establish the basis for recovery plans, corrective, and preventative actions
- Ensures EXB Solutions engineers establish an operating rhythm consistent with the Program so that required flow-up information and data are provided in a timely manner to support customer requirements.
- Supports proposal development and negotiation strategy
- 10+ years in a Program/Project Management, or Systems or Software Engineering lead role.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical engineering field (mechanical, aerospace, software, electrical).
- Demonstrated experience in both waterfall and agile project management methodologies and ability to lead teams in either waterfall, agile, or a blended environment.
- Direct experience in aerospace DO-178 environment.
- Ability and willingness to perform a wide variety of activities and to multi-task across multiple projects and clients.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to tailor communications differently to external clients vs. internal leadership, management vs engineering teams, technical vs non-technical.
- Ability to recommend and deliver solutions to a variety of client issues.
- Understand and fit into the culture of a small fast-growing company.
- Knowledge and experience with the major Industry standards. DO-178B/C, DO-254, Aerospace standard, other MIL-STDs, ARINC, FACE.
- Added plus – skilled using popular industry tools. i.e., Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools (such as the NoMagic Suite MagicDraw / Cameo, MathWorks System Composer, or IBM Rational Rhapsody experience).
- Position is full-time, salaried, with EXB in Minneapolis, MN or Scottsdale, AZ. (Remote may be considered)
- Expected Travel is 10-35%, to various EXB Solutions and client sites within the U.S.
- Candidates must be willing and able to go through a government clearance process.
Why Work With Us
- 401k with Employer-Match Contributions
- Medical, Dental, and Life coverage
- Disability Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Generous compensation structure
- Ample learning opportunities
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Next Generation / Cutting Edge Technology Projects
- Collaborative Culture
- Certification Assistance Available
- Remote and Hybrid Opportunities Available
- Monthly Luncheons and Happy Hours
- Flexible, Friendly and Fun work environment
EXB Solutions is a software and systems engineering organization which focuses on development and test of technologies for the top aerospace, defense, and medical device companies. Our mission is to be the definitive provider of systems and software engineering solutions for organizations delivering mission and safety-critical applications.
We offer hybrid and remote jobs. With offices in Minneapolis, Minnesota and Scottsdale, Arizona, the service-disabled veteran-owned small business has developed systems engineering and embedded software solutions for over 20+ years. Our software solutions have helped fly successful space missions, enhanced patients’ lives through innovative, leading-edge medical devices, and advanced commercial, defense and aerospace systems.