Job: Verification and Validation Engineer
Be a part of the team that is powering engineering solutions that drive technology.
We are a high growth, agile company creating safety and mission critical solutions in a synergistic environment between our people and our client partners. From F-35 and F-16 fighter jets, to the latest aviation technologies, to working on medical devices, spacecraft, and satellites – our engineers have worked on some of the coolest Aerospace, Defense, Space and Medical Device products in the world.
What we do matters.
We are seeking a full-time Verification and Validation Engineer for the control system of a gas turbine engine. You will be part of a smaller team that is looking to grow. The engine program is currently going through a test creation phase of life, and responsibilities may change as the engine program matures.
One of the most critical aspects to the role is ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities, collaborate with teammates and customers, and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. Successful candidates will be proactive in overcoming obstacles, providing answers to questions, and always looking for ways to improve.
This role is remote with an estimated 10% travel onsite. Due to the nature of this project, all candidates must be US Citizens.
As our V&V Software Engineer team member, you may be handling:
- Execute projects involving the engineering design and development of real-time control system software and automated test equipment software used to develop and certify aircraft engine control systems
- Development of test plans, perform software verification and validation test, develop, and run test vectors
- Review and test designs through code review, simulation in software (NPSS, Simics) and testing on the hardware rig
- Weekly documentation of progress, completed tests, report creation, etc.
- Documentation in all the phases of life cycle (requirements, V&V)
- Follow aviation standards in verifying the design and implementation of control systems software
- Interact with engineering customers to understand and realize new opportunities
- Ability to work in a customer facing, hands-on, team environment
- Perform analysis of structural coverage gaps (statement, decision, MCDC)
- Analyze traceability between software development elements: requirements, C code and test procedures
The successful candidate is detail oriented and highly collaborative. There will be a significant amount of interaction with the customer’s teams. Listening to the customer’s issues and offering proactive solutions is critical to building a strong relationship with this new customer.
- 1-2 years of experience in Verification & Validation, or desire to enter this field
- BS/B.Tech in Electrical/Software/Aerospace/ Computer Science engineering
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under time constraints, maintain composure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact with employees/managers at all levels with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- US Citizenship Required
- Software change management systems such as IBM Rational DOORS, DOORS Next Gen or Synergy
- Familiarity with safety critical C code IBM RTC (Rational Team Concert) and RQM (Rational Quality Manager)
- DO178C verification and validation standards
- Hardware in the loop testing
- BEACON or SCADE
- Scripting tools such as Perl, Python, VBA
- UNIX or LINUX environments
Verification and Validation Engineer
Why Work With Us
We are a family-like-company. We are collaborative. We believe in embracing change. We believe in doing consistent good work. EXB houses smart, curious and passionate about “making a difference” people. Our company culture sets us apart from others, as well as:
- 401k with Employer-Match Contributions
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life coverage
- Disability Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Generous compensation structure
- Ample learning opportunities
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Next Generation / Cutting Edge Technology Projects
- Collaborative Culture
- Remote and Hybrid Opportunities Available
- Certification Assistance Available (Approval Required)
- Flexible, Friendly and Fun work environment
EXB Solutions (EXB) is a U.S.-based engineering service company with a Fortune 100 customer base and demonstrated record of delivering cutting edge results in systems and software engineering solutions for organizations delivering mission and safety critical applications and products. EXB’s organizational origins are over 23 years old and today comprises over 170 talented engineers. EXB serves the Aerospace, Defense and Medical Devices industries with systems engineering and embedded software development services for safety and mission critical applications. EXB’s purpose is to help customers build high-quality software. EXB’s software solutions have helped fly successful space missions, enhanced patients’ lives through innovative medical devices, and advanced commercial and military flight systems for safer travel and accomplishing mission objectives.
EXB Solutions understands our client’s business challenges. Which is why we go beyond what’s required to meet their software needs. We are a preferred and trusted supplier to technology companies. Our clients stay with us and consistently engage us on multiple engineering activities, projects and programs. What makes us different? Our engineers and our leaders!
EXB Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.